This year’s election programme is based on our 2019 vision document. The visions explained in the document remain up-to-date. Our election programme, on the other hand, updates and specifies DAG’s approach to bringing the vision into reality.
This programme consists of two chapters with several sub-sections:
- Our Demands
- Our Methods
In summary, our demands are as follows:
- Introducing secret ballots to the councils: a fair vote is private by nature.
- Encourage a democratic culture.
- More power to the councils!
- Move towards A Post-Growth University.
- End cooperation with polluting industries.
- The RUG needs to be CO2 neutral.
- End animal experiments.
- Promote an inclusive hiring policy.
- Introduce a mandatory (neuro-)diversity and anti-racism training for university staff and students.
- Curriculums should have more space for critical reflection of the course material itself.
- Changing facilities to be more inclusive.
- Better help for those experiencing discrimination, mental health problems and sexual harassment.
- De-grow the classroom: improving quality of education.
- Stop “bulimic learning” and favor long term knowledge-retention based teaching and examination.
- More learning autonomy to students.
- More (interdisciplinary) electives for bachelor programs.
- Offer the possibility to watch the lectures online for all courses under all circumstances.
- Go back from 5 ECTS to 10 ECTS-like courses, as much as possible.
- Less projects, more education.
If you’d like to read in detail about these demands, read our full election programme here!